Skip to content

Topic Suggestions

SUBMISSIONS:

Feel free to post ideas here you would like me to cover on the blog. I don’t do full analysis anymore, but I do share thoughts on new stories, articles, etc. I like to keep people thinking about important topics and give guidance when I feel its important! I can’t promise I will cover your suggestion, but I will consider it! I do not cover stories on animal abuse on any level.

I am available for hire, if you need my services (http://www.eyesforlies.com/services/).

If you have an interesting article on any of the following, please feel free to submit a link to share on the blog:

Human Behavior
Emotions
Emotional Intelligence
Facial Expressions
Deception/Deception detection
Liars, lying
Psychopathy and other dangerous personalities
Personality Identification at Zero Acquaintance
Other related research/topics/articles are welcome, too

Topic Suggestions

Categories

491 results found

1. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/family-missing-fbi-agent-robert-levinson-rent-times-square-billboard-pleading-u-n-delegates-article-1.1167970

I'm just curious how you would evaluate the emotions/expressions of the family...it's a puzzling case that this FBI veteran hasn't been brought back when there's a proof of life video begging for assistance from the US govt. What do you think of the video showing the family talking about their father/husband? Do you suspect he was really working in intelligence, and they suspect this? (Iran has been known to hold Americans under suspicion of being a 'CIA spy', whether corroborated or not). What can you tell me about Levinson's plea in his proof of life video? Do you think…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Jill Meagher, 29, failed to arrive home after setting off on a five-minute walk from Bar Etiquette in Brunswick Victoria Australia @ 1.30am (AEST) on Saturday to her Lux Way apartment. A work mate offered to walk her home but she declined as her apartment was only a short walk from the bar.
    Jill's husband confirms he was in contact with Jill through the evening, and that it was not unusual for he and his wife to make the short walk from the bar strip of Sydney Road to their home.

"I spoke to her on the phone before I…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This short video of Terry Hobbs within a year or so of the murders of 3 children in West Memphis. The men arrested for this crime were released through an alford plea, many believe Terry was the real killer.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please review the Lance Armstrong interview with Gavin Newson from 2011 in light of him throwing the towel now with USADA and being stripped of his 7 titles. The title of the story, in case you need to Google it, is " Longtime witness against Lance Armstrong finally vindicated"(The Washington Post). But the real price is the video conversation Armstrong has with Newsom! You will find it about halfway through the text story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/othersports/longtime-witness-against-lance-armstrong-finally-vindicated/2012/08/25/804ed02c-ef07-11e1-b829-786e028dccb3_story.html

Your thoughts.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Christopher Tapp was on Dateline recently. It seems when he was younger that he genuinely was coerced by police and that the dna evidence supports this, yet he is in jail. Here is a chunk of the video interview with him. Even the victim's mother is supportive of him being released. After I watched this, I instantly thought of you and wondered if you would find him to be telling the truth now. Thanks!

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/dateline/48786582#48786582

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2185939/Tia-Sharp-missing-Step-grandfather-Stuart-Hazell-makes-emotional-plea-missing-schoolgirl-come-home.html

A 12 yr old girl has gone missing. The man in the video is the last person to have seen her. Does anything stand out too you? It's not much to go one but it's the only interview available from any family members.

It will not let me link the video separately so please skip to the end of the article and watch the second video "The boyfriend of Tia Sharp's grandmother speaks out", thank you.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This is a link to the trailer for a documentary called "Life with Murder":http://www.nfb.ca/film/life_with_murder_clip/

The case is a little old (the murder occurred in 1998), but the "facts" of the case continue to evolve. It's an absolutely gripping documentary, one which I think falls perfectly within your wheelhouse, and it is currently available on Netflix if you happen to have it. A brief synopsis follows:

"Chatham, Ontario, 1998. Eighteen-year-old Jennifer Jenkins is brutally shot to death by multiple rifle rounds in her family home. The main suspect: her brother, Mason Jenkins, who fled the scene of the crime. After…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  65 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Here is a video that many people have multiple reads on. Some say it's a proud mother, others say this woman is displaying signs of a mental disorder.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hom-VLfDv4U

She does seem mentally disturbed, but then something very disturbing allegedly happened to her.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. From 4:30 until the end of the video, approx 5 minutes, this guy tells the story of how he laid his 4 month old baby in the floor and left him and his girlfriend and her 3 year old daughter in the movie theater so he could escape. His tears do not seem genuine to me. I have heard that he proposed to her after this experience and she said yes. Just wanted to know if you thought his emotions were genuine in this video.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This is a story out of Evansdale, Iowa and I thought you might be interested in it. It is getting a lot of publicity and there is a possibility there is plenty of footage out there on it showing different members of the family.
    Would love to hear your thoughts on the parents/grandmother.
    Thank you.
    http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Missing-girl-s-parents-defend-criminal-records/-/9357080/15603296/-/wq00ftz/-/index.html
    http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/Lake-being-drained-in-missing-girls-case/-/9357080/15565942/-/bwaxu1z/-/index.html

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. David Swain - "killed" wife scuba diving. Interview is here with Dennis Murphy http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/ and a full set of interviews will be on Dateline 7/6/12

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. http://www.wafb.com/story/18929570/3-year-old-boy-missing-overnight

I see some red flags here, am not comfortable with his story. He says his son was taken by gang members but is already talking about him in past tense

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would love you to take a look at Adam Kaufman, Eyes!

Here is a short ABC interview with Adam Kaufman accused of murdering his wife:
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/spray-tan-murder-trial-adam-kaufman-discusses-guilty-16515524

He was acquitted last week in a case that became known as the "Spray Tan Murder Case" and was featured on Dateline:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/#/47743175

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. An artist converted a photo booth into only taking a picture if people screamed and reached a certain decibel level.

What I'd be interested in is what type of emotions people call up (seen in their faces) to be able to scream on demand, even knowing that the situation does not really call for you to scream.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You've described a lot of people you believed to be guilty as a sociopath. Certainly such people exist. How would a sociopath react to being falsely accused? Would they be cool and smug, thinking they could talk their way out of it, or would they be foaming-at-the-mouth angry? Have you ever seen anyone you believed was both innocent of what they were accused of and a sociopath?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Scott Guy was murdered at the foot of his Farm driveway. His brother in law Ewen Macdonal is currently standing trial. I found an interview with his family ( including Scott Guys wife Anna Macdonald) from 2010 and felt she was being deceitful. here is a link to the interview. what do you think Lies? http://ondemand.tv3.co.nz/60-Minutes-Anna-MacDonald-The-60-Minutes-Interview/tabid/59/articleID/2568/Default.aspx

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 24 25