Skip to content

Topic Suggestions

SUBMISSIONS:

Feel free to post ideas here you would like me to cover on the blog. I don’t do full analysis anymore, but I do share thoughts on new stories, articles, etc. I like to keep people thinking about important topics and give guidance when I feel its important! I can’t promise I will cover your suggestion, but I will consider it! I do not cover stories on animal abuse on any level.

I am available for hire, if you need my services (http://www.eyesforlies.com/services/).

If you have an interesting article on any of the following, please feel free to submit a link to share on the blog:

Human Behavior
Emotions
Emotional Intelligence
Facial Expressions
Deception/Deception detection
Liars, lying
Psychopathy and other dangerous personalities
Personality Identification at Zero Acquaintance
Other related research/topics/articles are welcome, too

Topic Suggestions

Categories

491 results found

1. I know you prefer new cases. BUT, this is one that I would love your opinion on.

Jeff Macdonald to me is guilty of murder. My thoughts on this however are more due to the "lack" of blood. To me, if your kids were in bed, and you performed CPR TWICE, you had to move them to the floor (hard surface), you would be covered in blood, would be dripping it on the floor, would be on the light switches etc. But...
    Back to my point here.

Most the tapes I have seen were later on, he was much older...…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oflI2FaiKdg At the 2 min to 3 minute mark shows Peter talking about this case a little. It isn't the best piece from the show but the only video still around online that shows Peter talking. This site does have transcript from the show-http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1279. I would really like to know your opinion as it is going on almost 4 years that Brittanee has been missing. (I noticed that the other topic I posted a video on was closed)

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello, I've been reading your site for a few years now and I always find it so interesting. I just wanted to give some friendly feedback that, while I love the content, I honestly find the site itself so hard to navigate. Instead of having some variation of next/prev like most blogs, I have to hunt down those little links below all the social media buttons. It's so unintuitive, I've looked several times to see if I just missed buttons or links somewhere on the page. Also, I know there are the labels, but I find it hard to follow…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Husband of missing woman Jennifer Ramsaran, who has been missing since December 11, 2012. This is the most recent interview (and only the second one he has done, I believe), which took place at an event to bring awareness to Jennifer's case.

Hope this shows enough for you to get an idea of his demeanor. From the interview: "Unless there's evidence of otherwise, always have hope. There's no doubt in my mind that we're not going to see her again," Remy Ramsaran said. "There's not doubt in my mind. And that's what keeps us strong." Interesting.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Ramsaran-Family-Spreads-Hope-For-Mothers-Return-191546791.html

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. You said during Kercher trial you needed footage of Amanda Knox talking in English. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the ABC interview with Knox airing today. Thanks!

Video excerpt: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/10028484/Amanda-Knox-I-want-to-grieve-for-Meredith-too.html

Text: (need to scroll down): http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/30/amanda-knox-interview-retrial-italy/2121871/

What I noticed from the textual excerpts is the extreme predominance of the "I" pronoun suggesting severe narcissism.

I also found it galling that Knox thinks it'd be "ideal" if the Kercher family were to show her Meredith's grave - How can she even imagine that the Kercher family in their loss would ever want to accompany the person accused of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi, Eyes! I think this is my second time forwarding a clip to you. Glad to hear of your recovery. Speaking from Canada, the sticker shock of medical bills must be something else!

Speeeeeaaaking of Canada, Toronto's mayor is under a cloud lately. For context, Gawker, The Daily Show, and every news source in Canada are covering the following: a videotape (unseen by other than 3 reporters) which purports to show Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine.

Today he called a press conference after two weeks of near-silence, and said the following:

clip below.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/05/24/rob_ford_video_scandal_mayors_council_allies_search_for_answers.html

I would looooove it if…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Will you be watching? It's on this evening on ABC. Of course, she will have been coached and had years to practice, but she is so odd it's bound to show.

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After waiting almost 2 months his interview is filled with "you think" instead of "I think" tons of past tense uses, what appears to be anger & no real message for his wife when given the chance. What do you see here?

http://www.wbng.com/news/video/Husband-Speaks-Out-on-Missing-Wife-188917661.html?vid=a&m=y&smobile=y

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Marjo-Riikka Makela is a very popular acting coach in Hollywood and teaches the famous Chekhov method. She explains the method in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C9fAxtdbFc

A lot of Hollywood newcomers flood to her studio, where she says they will gain the confidence and skills they need to reach their dreams.

I can't shake the feeling that she doesn't believe a word she says, in this or her other videos. Am I way off? What is going on here?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I want to know if you think he is telling the truth regarding the scandal....here is a link to his first interview addressing the topic: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/04/cnn-exclusive-menendez-speaks-out-rebuts-prostitute-claims/

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A really good study (although hard to watch)...watch the verbal and non verbal cues the victims and the rapists give. Especially watch the contempt Manuel Cunha, Jr. gives as he delivers the statement, ""But, Dolores [Huerta], why didn’t you go and address it? You are going to pick at farmers anyway on pesticide and no wages and all that. Why didn’t you go to the grower and tell [them] that? Because, well, we were fearful for their job and their lives. No, that’s a poor excuse."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Oscar Pistorius, a famous disabled runner, shot his girlfriend at 3 am on the 14th of Feb. He insists he thought she was a burglar, as she was in a closed bathroom and he thought she was asleep. His bail hearing is now on.

Full transcript of his story seems to be here:
    http://www.3news.co.nz/FULL-TRANSCRIPT-Oscar-Pistorius-full-statement/tabid/417/articleID/287516/Default.aspx

And all other details here:
    www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius

I haven't been able to find a video of him yet- no videos allowed in the courtroom I think. But I would love your insight into whether his story makes sense, and I have through it through multiple times and…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In a CNN video, Michelle Obama was speaking of the challenges of eating healthy for busy parents when she said "Believe me, as a busy single mother - or I shouldn’t say single - as a busy mother, sometimes when you’ve got a husband who is president it can feel a little single. But he’s there." As she says the words "But he's there", she flashes what seems to be a microexpression of disgust. Overall it's a fascinating glimpse of how she views her marriage and her husband. Video clip here: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/05/michelle-obama-slips-up-calls-herself-single-mother/

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There's a lot of speculation on this and conspiracy theories. However, one particular father has been recorded and it looks very questionable. I would love to know your insight on this incident. Is he in shock? Is he acting? Is he sincere? Here is a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Wx9GxXYKx_8#t=518s

He comes in at the 8:38 mark laughing and seemingly in a good mood, and then appears to "put on a sad face" to talk about the shootings.

I'm curious if this is genuine grief, and he's able to emotionally hold it together until he has to talk about the incident, or if…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This is a case making waves over here in the UK: this couple, accused of the manslaughter of their six children, were found guilty today.

The case was suggested by another EforL reader last year, and one commenter noted the following:

"I would also like to know what Eyes makes of their press conference. The tip off for me was the way the policeman was staring at them. He had a "look". It can't be seen in all the videos available, it is one in which the camera must have been to the left of the table, looking across towards…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The wife of a murdered man is responding to the interviewer who is trying to give her credit for at least saving herself and her son. She responds by saying "But I couldn't save him - I couldn't save him"
    She is suppressing a smile while saying it. It is quite obvious. I'd love to get your thoughts on it and whether you see other indicators during the show.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You have talked about the Jodi Arias case already, but she took the stand today in her own defense. It would be great to hear your take on her truthfulness or lack of about her killing of Travis Alexander in self defense.

Her story changed dramatically since you reviewed her case in 2009

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Did the DoC let slip the truth about her baby's sex? Video here:

http://news.sky.com/story/1060681/fan-claims-kate-revealed-sex-of-royal-baby

Watch from about 0:16 to 0:48

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)