Skip to content

Topic Suggestions

SUBMISSIONS:

Feel free to post ideas here you would like me to cover on the blog. I don’t do full analysis anymore, but I do share thoughts on new stories, articles, etc. I like to keep people thinking about important topics and give guidance when I feel its important! I can’t promise I will cover your suggestion, but I will consider it! I do not cover stories on animal abuse on any level.

I am available for hire, if you need my services (http://www.eyesforlies.com/services/).

If you have an interesting article on any of the following, please feel free to submit a link to share on the blog:

Human Behavior
Emotions
Emotional Intelligence
Facial Expressions
Deception/Deception detection
Liars, lying
Psychopathy and other dangerous personalities
Personality Identification at Zero Acquaintance
Other related research/topics/articles are welcome, too

Topic Suggestions

Categories

491 results found

1. This little girl was 13 and very small for her age (85 lbs and 4 feet tall) when she supposedly went to stay with her natural grandmother in Asheville in November 2011. The adoptive parents (related to the natural parents) have not seen her since November 2011 and did not report her missing. An older brother moved out of the parents' home recently and reported the little girl missing. He told authorities he believes their parents did something to the missing girl. The adoptive parents appeared on Dr. Phil today (08/20/2013 and will also appear on the show again tomorrow…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello, I've been reading your site for a few years now and I always find it so interesting. I just wanted to give some friendly feedback that, while I love the content, I honestly find the site itself so hard to navigate. Instead of having some variation of next/prev like most blogs, I have to hunt down those little links below all the social media buttons. It's so unintuitive, I've looked several times to see if I just missed buttons or links somewhere on the page. Also, I know there are the labels, but I find it hard to follow…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Watched Dateline on Friday about Channin Starbuck murdered in Wa. Her ex husband Clay Starbuck was recently convicted in her murder. There is tons of footage in the episode entitled o e cold December morning I think (it's avail on YouTube). I'd love to hear your take on him and also on what her sons had to say about their mother.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allana Gallagher was a 6 year old girl whose body was found in Saginaw, Texas. The police keep saying that no one in the family is a suspect, but they also keep investigating them and removing lots of evidence from the house. This is video of one of Alanna's "dads." She lived in a polyamorous household.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could you please do an analysis on John Good;s testimony in Zimmerman's trial? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz6h-9G2g2Q

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A really good study (although hard to watch)...watch the verbal and non verbal cues the victims and the rapists give. Especially watch the contempt Manuel Cunha, Jr. gives as he delivers the statement, ""But, Dolores [Huerta], why didn’t you go and address it? You are going to pick at farmers anyway on pesticide and no wages and all that. Why didn’t you go to the grower and tell [them] that? Because, well, we were fearful for their job and their lives. No, that’s a poor excuse."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Her delayed interview with Matt on the Today Show. There is cause for consideration in many spots. She hesitates where she should jump with an immediate response and she slow speaks as she considers her words. If she's coming out to be honest and apologetic, then she failed.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/26/paula-deen-today-show_n_3501825.html

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This woman's husband, Eric Lanlois, has been missing, and her interview is so weird- emotionless, and like she is holding back. Even crazier, she is pregnant with her husband's child, and if my husband were missing and I were pregnant I would be all over the place worried, crazy, tears, hormonal- and nothing from her. Very flat. She also said something interesting, considering they haven't found her husband "they don't know how he ended up in the water." Here is a link to the story:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/search-missing-conn-wedding-photographer-curtailed-151518554.html?vp=1

Apparently she dropped her husband off to get his bike when he had a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I know you prefer new cases. BUT, this is one that I would love your opinion on.

Jeff Macdonald to me is guilty of murder. My thoughts on this however are more due to the "lack" of blood. To me, if your kids were in bed, and you performed CPR TWICE, you had to move them to the floor (hard surface), you would be covered in blood, would be dripping it on the floor, would be on the light switches etc. But...
    Back to my point here.

Most the tapes I have seen were later on, he was much older...…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Accused of smuggling drugs from Mexico into the United States on a bus. Please review video of her interview.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2419525140001

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi, Eyes! I think this is my second time forwarding a clip to you. Glad to hear of your recovery. Speaking from Canada, the sticker shock of medical bills must be something else!

Speeeeeaaaking of Canada, Toronto's mayor is under a cloud lately. For context, Gawker, The Daily Show, and every news source in Canada are covering the following: a videotape (unseen by other than 3 reporters) which purports to show Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine.

Today he called a press conference after two weeks of near-silence, and said the following:

clip below.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/05/24/rob_ford_video_scandal_mayors_council_allies_search_for_answers.html

I would looooove it if…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dateline episode aired 22May13 - something just seemed off about her demeanor and story about being raped by her husband, Shawn Harris. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. http://www.today.com/entertainment/wade-robson-pedophile-michael-jackson-abused-me-7-years-1C9948163

In 2005, Wade Robson was the first defense witness at Michael Jackson's trial, where the singer was accused of molesting a 13-year-old cancer survivor. At the time, Robson was unequivocal: He was not sexually abused by the man known as the King of Pop. But eight years later, he has changed his tune. Wade Robson now states Michael Jackson abused him from ages 7 to 14.

"Robson is currently asking a probate court to allow him to file a late creditor's claim against the Jackson estate, now that the deadline has passed for creditors to file such claims. His…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Will you be watching? It's on this evening on ABC. Of course, she will have been coached and had years to practice, but she is so odd it's bound to show.

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You said during Kercher trial you needed footage of Amanda Knox talking in English. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the ABC interview with Knox airing today. Thanks!

Video excerpt: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/10028484/Amanda-Knox-I-want-to-grieve-for-Meredith-too.html

Text: (need to scroll down): http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/30/amanda-knox-interview-retrial-italy/2121871/

What I noticed from the textual excerpts is the extreme predominance of the "I" pronoun suggesting severe narcissism.

I also found it galling that Knox thinks it'd be "ideal" if the Kercher family were to show her Meredith's grave - How can she even imagine that the Kercher family in their loss would ever want to accompany the person accused of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?