Skip to content

Topic Suggestions

SUBMISSIONS:

Feel free to post ideas here you would like me to cover on the blog. I don’t do full analysis anymore, but I do share thoughts on new stories, articles, etc. I like to keep people thinking about important topics and give guidance when I feel its important! I can’t promise I will cover your suggestion, but I will consider it! I do not cover stories on animal abuse on any level.

I am available for hire, if you need my services (http://www.eyesforlies.com/services/).

If you have an interesting article on any of the following, please feel free to submit a link to share on the blog:

Human Behavior
Emotions
Emotional Intelligence
Facial Expressions
Deception/Deception detection
Liars, lying
Psychopathy and other dangerous personalities
Personality Identification at Zero Acquaintance
Other related research/topics/articles are welcome, too

Topic Suggestions

Categories

491 results found

1. Hi! Not so much a review but something you might find interesting. The article is about Jeff Bauman who helped identify the Boston Bombers.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/pissed_but_he_dead_and_still_here_4eohIvLssoxHUYNIbnha5H?utm_source=SFnewyorkpost&utm_medium=SFnewyorkpost

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The mom of the Boston bombers has been very present in the media, mostly to say her children have been framed and there is no way they are involved - in the face of quite a bit of evidence. While there is something to be said for a mom defending her children (and being from a place where in fact the government is incredibly untrustworthy), I'm interested to know if you think she is genuine in her belief they were framed, and if you get the sense she is truly upset or if perhaps she is proud of them.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/25/boston-bomb-mother-tsarnaev-dagestan-news-conference/2111855/

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The wife of a murdered man is responding to the interviewer who is trying to give her credit for at least saving herself and her son. She responds by saying "But I couldn't save him - I couldn't save him"
    She is suppressing a smile while saying it. It is quite obvious. I'd love to get your thoughts on it and whether you see other indicators during the show.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In a CNN video, Michelle Obama was speaking of the challenges of eating healthy for busy parents when she said "Believe me, as a busy single mother - or I shouldn’t say single - as a busy mother, sometimes when you’ve got a husband who is president it can feel a little single. But he’s there." As she says the words "But he's there", she flashes what seems to be a microexpression of disgust. Overall it's a fascinating glimpse of how she views her marriage and her husband. Video clip here: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/05/michelle-obama-slips-up-calls-herself-single-mother/

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sandra Layne was recently convicted of murder for shooting her 17-year-old grandson. Her daughter (the boy's mother) has an interview on the link; there is also video of the prosecutor cross-examining her and her testifying. She said her grandson was using drugs and she killed him in self-defense.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130319/NEWS03/130319102/Jury-reaches-verdict-in-Sandra-Layne-murder-trial

I'd like to see what you make of this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is a case making waves over here in the UK: this couple, accused of the manslaughter of their six children, were found guilty today.

The case was suggested by another EforL reader last year, and one commenter noted the following:

"I would also like to know what Eyes makes of their press conference. The tip off for me was the way the policeman was staring at them. He had a "look". It can't be seen in all the videos available, it is one in which the camera must have been to the left of the table, looking across towards…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dear Eyes For Lies,

I'm a great admirer of your work, and would so appreciate it if you could take a look at a video that has me hypnotised each time I watch it, though I can't pinpoint exactly why. I'm afraid I wouldn't make it as even a wizard's bumbling apprentice - though I'd love to be.

I know you don't cover cold cases, but as this about Bob Harrod, whose case is about to air nationwide on ID TV's 'Disappeared', I thought I'd chance my luck. Dear Bob's case is bound to be at least a little hot…

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This is the lady whose 13 month old was allegedly shot and killed by two pre-teen boys while in a stroller and out of a walk. The whole story is so horrific that is seems unbelievable, but even more so her interview is just...not right to me. Plus, you better believe if I was on a walk with my baby, I would not have allowed myself to be "shoved" out of the way by assailants threatening to shoot my baby. http://tinyurl.com/d677sxa

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Did the DoC let slip the truth about her baby's sex? Video here:

http://news.sky.com/story/1060681/fan-claims-kate-revealed-sex-of-royal-baby

Watch from about 0:16 to 0:48

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Oscar Pistorius, a famous disabled runner, shot his girlfriend at 3 am on the 14th of Feb. He insists he thought she was a burglar, as she was in a closed bathroom and he thought she was asleep. His bail hearing is now on.

Full transcript of his story seems to be here:
    http://www.3news.co.nz/FULL-TRANSCRIPT-Oscar-Pistorius-full-statement/tabid/417/articleID/287516/Default.aspx

And all other details here:
    www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius

I haven't been able to find a video of him yet- no videos allowed in the courtroom I think. But I would love your insight into whether his story makes sense, and I have through it through multiple times and…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I was really fascinated watching this video, especially with what could be some deception leakage. What do you think about the second "survivor" interviewed, Marina Gambold? Her shoulder shrugs as she recounts a personal story (as well as the upward pitch in voice) made me wonder if she was fabricating that particular story. I'm very interested to know what you think!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Marjo-Riikka Makela is a very popular acting coach in Hollywood and teaches the famous Chekhov method. She explains the method in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C9fAxtdbFc

A lot of Hollywood newcomers flood to her studio, where she says they will gain the confidence and skills they need to reach their dreams.

I can't shake the feeling that she doesn't believe a word she says, in this or her other videos. Am I way off? What is going on here?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Husband of missing woman Jennifer Ramsaran, who has been missing since December 11, 2012. This is the most recent interview (and only the second one he has done, I believe), which took place at an event to bring awareness to Jennifer's case.

Hope this shows enough for you to get an idea of his demeanor. From the interview: "Unless there's evidence of otherwise, always have hope. There's no doubt in my mind that we're not going to see her again," Remy Ramsaran said. "There's not doubt in my mind. And that's what keeps us strong." Interesting.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Ramsaran-Family-Spreads-Hope-For-Mothers-Return-191546791.html

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vypgazlLu54
    (part 2 of 3)At 1:00-2:00 Peter discusses the last time he saw Brittanee
    5:23-6:09 Peter explains why he left Myrtle Beach early(mind you a different reason than is given by MBPD on the Disappeared show)
    7:48-9:04 Peter discusses Brittanee talking about walking the strip at night alone. Points at 2:17 he talks about their relationship & 4:04 he does use current tense.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdWEoEsoalQ
    (part 3/3) 0:50-2:09 Chad & Peter discussing why he didn't insist on driving Brittanee to her hotel
    4:26-6:40 discusses Peters lack of compassion. Mostly the lawyer talking but shows Peters body language. Lawyer mentions he was…

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After waiting almost 2 months his interview is filled with "you think" instead of "I think" tons of past tense uses, what appears to be anger & no real message for his wife when given the chance. What do you see here?

http://www.wbng.com/news/video/Husband-Speaks-Out-on-Missing-Wife-188917661.html?vid=a&m=y&smobile=y

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Eric was convicted of assasinating his parents, Dennis & Merna Coula. DA said the reason was money.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to know if you think he is telling the truth regarding the scandal....here is a link to his first interview addressing the topic: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/04/cnn-exclusive-menendez-speaks-out-rebuts-prostitute-claims/

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You have talked about the Jodi Arias case already, but she took the stand today in her own defense. It would be great to hear your take on her truthfulness or lack of about her killing of Travis Alexander in self defense.

Her story changed dramatically since you reviewed her case in 2009

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I noticed you spent considerable time analyzing Manti Te'os interview, and think it would only do justice to the topic to analyze Ronaiah Tuiasosopo's interview as well. I have yet to see it, but they say he comes out as gay and admits to being in love with Te'os. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?